Thursday, August 13, 2009

And I danced with Cinderella.....




We had a great day today. We are falling in love with the children at the Santvana Childrens AIDS home and saying goodbye will be heartbreaking. I can leave in peace though knowing they are being loved and are learning of a God who loves them. We were disappointed to find out today that we will not be going to the Red Light area at all. Americans are being blamed for the swine flu outbreak and there has been some unrest in the Red Light area towards foreigners. For our safety we will not be visiting. I am glad for the safety but sad that we will not be able to visit those who need to know of God's love so desperately.

We were able to spend hours with the kids today just enjoying them and forming relationships. As I was on the patio of the Santvana home I heard the song Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman start playing from our Ipod we brought. A sweet girl that reminds me of my Emily back home grabbed my hand and began dancing with me. As we're dancing around I'm hearing the words sing out over the country side on an amazing India evening.

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...

It brought tears to my eyes how beautiful the moment was dancing with my little Indian Cinderella.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how no matter what color, race or economic status, a princess is a princess. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers