Thursday, June 4, 2009

Introduction - Jen King

“My life is worth nothing unless I use it for the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus… the work of telling others the Good News about God’s wonderful kindness and love” – Acts 20:24

I'm Jen King - and now more than ever - I know the truth in this verse! Since my decision to follow Jesus it has been my passion to serve. I have participated in several service roles and found great JOY in drawing others to Jesus as a teacher, youth leader and administrative support to our church body. I've been consistently BLESSED by each of these opportunities but also challenged to step outside my comfort zone. Last year was my first trip to India, my first trip ANYwhere really. I would not have imagined myself in a foreign land - much less INDIA! Little did I know God had planted seeds of love that would grow so beautifully on that journey. I now have a passion for the people of India that goes beyond words. This year I was surprised by the blessing of our plans to return, and further honored to accept a co-leader role! GOD IS SO GOOD -He ALONE could create these connections and remind me of my purpose... I am called to share the GOOD NEWS of his kindness and love with His children - ANYWHERE he sends me! I cannot wait to see His greatness on this trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers