Sunday, June 21, 2009

Introduction-Angela Ray


During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.
But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."
"Come," he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"
Matt 14:25-30


This story has called to me for many years. I am always challenged by the way Peter responds to Jesus' call to 'Come'. Peter jumps out of the boat and begins walking on water with no fear for his own life. I have always wanted to jump in with both feet when God calls. However, its usually more like how I enter a swimming pool. First I have to test the water with my toes and then slowly work my way in. When God called me to India I tested the water and jumped back because the water was not to my liking. I have never been out of the United States and traveling abroad holds a lot of fears for me. God has faithfully listened as I presented Him with all each fear that I could come up with to rationalize why I shouldn't go. He must have called the wrong Angela, and each time He would remind me that He is God and I am not. As I write this I can say I am excited for this trip. I can't wait to see what God has in store for our team and the people we will meet. I pray that God would use me to reach the world for Him and that I would learn to dive into the “joy of His presence and the pleasures of living with Him forever.” Psalms 16:11. Thank you for your support for me and for the team as we take this journey!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers